Here is what it is about: One Room Challenge (ORC) was launched by the talented Linda from Calling it Home. Linda selects 20 interior designers who are challenged to create or make over a room in 6 weeks. These designers will keep us updated about their progress every Wednesday. To add even more fun to this biannual event, other designers or/and bloggers are allowed to join the party as linking participants. Their updates will be online every Thursday. That's where I am coming in!
- the size of the room: only 10 m2! We would have loved to put a queen size bed in the space, but it is just not possible!
- having my daughter as "the client" is a bit tricky. She likes Ikea (which is good) but we want to avoid a new version of a bedroom taken from the catalog. She is the one who will try to stretch my budget, not the other way ;)
- her attachment for everything she has accumulated along the years
- not having access to many different stores as in the US and the rest of Europe.
Here is our to do list:
- get rid of the structured walls
- paint the walls
- better storage
- new desk
- new curtains
- new rug
- ceiling lamp
- most of all: give personality and functionality to the space
We haven't created a moodboard, but my daughter wants her bedroom to be cozy yet modern. A grey and lavender palette.
We had these fabrics to put us on the right track, it seems that we have already discarded them but we are still in this color palette!