Today, I'd like to begin a short serie about the bedroom.
The bedroom is a very private space and it is almost never shown to guests. For this reason, it's easy to forget to decorate or personalize it. But what about thinking about yourself and the joy to find a peaceful and romantic retreat after a long day?
The must-have items in your bedroom are obvious: a bed, a nightstand, a closet or cabinet and that's it! It works!
Is it truly cosy, relaxing and attractive? NOPE!
So, I'll try to give you some easy tasks to glam up your bedroom and today I will focus on the nightstand, which besides being functional adds personality to your bedroom.
The perfect recipe is:
Something ... else
Just to be more specific:
1. Lighting because you want to relax, and read (plus you are too lazy to walk all the way to the wall to switch off the lights).
Aesthetic wise: you need a vertical item to fill up the space above the nightstand.
2. Books, again for relaxing, and they are the horizontal item you need to ground your styling. A tray for your jewellery will do the job, too.
3. Accessories like a bowl, or pretty box for your jewellery, a vintage clock, a water decanter or a sculpture.
4. Flowers or for less maintenance, a candle for nice scent.
5. Art to fill up more vertical space, specially if your lighting is a sconce.
In general, things work better in odd numbers. Should you need more small items on your nightstand, put them in a tray. They will look more collected, as one item.
Now, some goodies from Pinterest to illustrate: